Applications for our 2020/21 Grade 8 Cohort:
***UPDATE: Due to the Covid pandemic, our Grade 8 application form and intake process will be undergoing some changes. Please see below. Note that there will be NO DISTRICT CSI EXAM requirement this year.
We will be accepting applications to our 2020/21 Grade 8 cohort during the Fall of 2020 Please note that the deadline for application is Thursday, December 17, 2020 by 3:00pm sharp.
Students applying to Ideal Mini must write the CSI exam. For registration info, please see the Vancouver School Board website under the Mini Schools section.
IMPORTANT: In the event that your child changes his/her mind and decides to withdraw their application, please let us know as soon as possible so that the offer can be made to another student.
HOW DO I APPLY TO IDEAL MINI?
- Apply to the District Mini School Registry between November 9 – December 17, 2020 at http://govsb.ca/secondary-programs.
- Download and complete the Fillable Grade 8 Application 2019-2020 (Rev. Oct 23, 2020)
- Include the last 2 Grade 6 report cards (reporting periods 1 & 2)
- The Grade 7 report will also be required. When it becomes available, please email it to email@example.com before February 1st.
- Create a 2-3 minute video and provide us with the YouTube link, in any format of your choice (song, puppet show, art collage, poem, etc) that demonstrates how you best fit our program values of community, leadership, and social responsibility. (please refer to the instructions below on how to upload a YouTube video).
- Proof of residence (please refer to page 1 of the application for a list of acceptable documents)
- A recent photograph of you.
Applications may be submitted either online, through Canada Post, or hand-delivered and placed in the drop-off box at the entrance of the school between 8:00-3:30 sharp, Monday to Friday. If dropping off in person, please make sure to place the application and all supporting documents in a sealed envelope to ensure everything is received.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 17th, 2020 by 3:00pm (sharp!)
Only the applicants who we select for an online interview will receive an invitation via email. As we receive over 200 applications, please do not call the school to ask about the status of your application.
Download the Grade 8 Application Form below:
Applications for our 2020/21 Grade 9-12 Cohorts:
We will be accepting applications for our 2020-21 Grade 9-12 classes during the Spring of 2021 Applications will be reviewed after Spring Break and suitable candidates will be selected for interviews at that time. Please complete the application below attached with all required information and submit to our school office.
Download the Grade 9 – 12 Application Form below: