As we enter the final two weeks of the 2020 school year, here are a few updates to note:
- Teachers will be finalizing their classes during the Week of June 15-19. All student assignments and assessments must be into your teachers by the deadlines they have set for their classes this week.
- Mon/Tues, June 15/16 – Locker cleanout, textbook returns, etc DURING SCHEDULED TIMES ONLY. Students are reminded to check their scheduled times on our MS Teams School Meeting Channel. No drop-ins allowed. Lockers will be cleared out by our engineering staff after these dates.
- Thurs, June 18 (1-3pm) – Grad Ceremonies filming session during scheduled times. Students are reminded to check for their scheduled times on our MS Teams Grade 12 Channel.
- Thurs, June 25 at 3:03pm – Final report available online through MyEd BC. Acount access issues will need to go through Churchill as our staff do not have password reset access.
- Thurs, June 25 at 3:03pm – “Hoot, Holler, Honk” along with all VSB schools in recognition of the 2020 graduates around the City of Vancouver.
Regarding the start of the school year in September 2020, the VSB is following guidelines from the Provincial Health Officer and the Ministry of Education. While discussions are curerntly takeing place, at the school level, we will not likely receive any direct word on the structure of school/classes until late in summer. Our families are encouraged to check emails for updates from the VSB and stay tuned on the news. More information from the Ministry of Education about the re-opening of schools plan may be found at here.