- This event has passed.
Ideal Open House 2018
October 30, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Thank you for your interest in our program. Our Open House for the 2018-19 school year will take place on Tuesday, October 30, 2018 from 7:00-9:00pm. Our students, parents and teachers will be providing info sessions and school tours during this evening. As we expect a few hundred visitors at our “mini” school we ask that you please be patient as we do not have an auditorium like other mini schools that are part of a main school. School doors will open at 7:00pm sharp! We tend to be busiest at 7:00pm! We will be running multiple Info Q&A sessions and Student Guided Tours throughout the night so feel free to join us later in the evening if your schedule permits.
Our Open House will feature:
Information Q&A Sessions:
- We will be holding 3 Information Q&A Sessions: 7:10 – 7:40pm, 7:45 – 8:15pm, 8:20 – 8:50pm
- Tickets for these sessions will be available through our pre-registration/ticket system below. Limit tickets will be available for each session at the door and handed out by our student volunteers on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that our 7:10 Information Q&A session tends to be the busiest. We encourage our guests to take a student-led guided tour, visit classrooms, speak with our current parent community, support our bake sale and/or meet the teachers prior to attending one of the latter Info Sessions.
Info and Q&A Sessions:
This year, we have schedule 3 info sessions with our Head Teacher (Ernie) and English teacher (Sandra). Please pre-register for a session through our pre-registration system below to reserve a spot. A limited number of tickets for each session will be available at the door on a first-come first served basis. Session times are:
- Session #1 from 7:10-7:40 pm
- Session #2 from 7:45-8:15 pm
- Session #3 from 8:20-8:50 pm
Prospective students and parents may attend any one of these sessions. We will be using a ticket system to help handle the large crowds that are expected. The first session is typically the busiest. YOU DO NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO COME TO OUR SCHOOL FOR 7:00 PM! We have tried to address some of the frequently asked questions about our program. Please see our FAQ page for more information or if you would like to submit questions about our program.
School doors will open at 7:00pm sharp! Those with Session #1 tickets will be guided around the building to our info session room. Remaining guests will be guided through the front entrance and hallway entrance for Student Guided Tours and classroom visits.
Student Guided Tours:
- Take a tour with one of our student guides
- Feel free to ask our students about school life at Ideal, our program and what they enjoy most about it. Get a student perspective of our program. This is the most informative, most genuine part of the evening as our students share their experiences with you.
Classroom Visits and Meet the Teachers:
- Come check out our various classrooms, the school building and meet some of our teachers!
- See our uniquely, hand-painted lockers
- Check out our Art Exhibition in the Art room
- See the poison dart frogs in our Science room
- Practice your French with our French teacher
- Check out the Smartboard!
- Ask our teachers about their programs, methodologies, curriculum and whatever other curiosities you may have about Ideal!
PAC Bake Sale:
- Help support our school and enjoy the delicious bake goods made by our fabulous parent community
- Speak with current parents about their family’s experience at Ideal Mini
Important Documents (will be updated shortly):
Click here for FAQs about our program and who we are looking for.
Information Session Tickets (Pre-registration):
For tickets to our info sessions, please pre-register below. REGISTER FOR ONLY ONE SESSION. Limited tickets to the info sessions will be available at the door. ONCE AGAIN, YOU DO NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO COME TO OUR SCHOOL FOR 7:00 PM. We encourage you to come to one of the later sessions, if possible.
We look forward to hosting you at our school!
Update: Thank you for your interest in our program. We look forward to reviewing your applications. Best of luck to all Gr.7 applicants.
Gr.9-12 applications for September 2019 may be submitted at anytime but will be reviewed after Spring Break, if space is available.
Below is the FULL version of the presentation shown at our Open House info session.
Online registration for this event is closed