Yokohama Sister School Exchange - February 2019
IDEAL MINI WELCOMES YOKOHAMA COMMERCIAL HIGH SCHOOL (Y-KO)
Our Japanese Sister School, Y’Ko, is scheduled to come to Vancouver from February 12-17, 2019. Twenty-three Japanese students and two teachers will be coming to visit Ideal Mini and Churchill Secondary. Once again, Ideal Mini students and families will have an opportunity participate in festivities and potentially as host families. If your family would like to host an exchange student over this period please see our Ernie for an application form or download one below. It is a wonderful opportunity to build international friendships, while learning about another culture and language. Don’t miss out! Please submit completed Homestay Questionnaires before the Winter holiday.
Priority for our next exchange trip to Japan will be given to students who have/will host an exchange student in return.
Yokohama Sister School Exchange - Japan Trip 2018
Our next Sister School Exchange to Yokohama, Japan will take place November 6 – 14, 2018. This trip will be open to our Grade 11 and 12 students of the 2018-19 school year. We will be visiting our sister school, Yokohama Commercial High School (aka Y’Ko), and students will have the special opportunity to stay with a Japanese host family. We will also be exploring sites around Tokyo and Yokohama.
In February of 2019, we anticipate hosting our Japanese counterparts when they visit Vancouver. All students of Ideal will then have the opportunity to be a part of this special cultural exchange while we show them how our Canadian culture, how we live and how we learn.
Trip Information for Participants
- Trip insurance is included in the cost. The full policy may be viewed here. If you wish to purchase additional travel insurance the you are welcome to do so at your own cost.
- Our tour company, MYK Enterprises, will be emailing participants during the summer of 2018 regarding the trip (e.g. homestay questionnaire, visa application (if needed), etc.). Please make sure to check your emails and contact MYK directly if there are any changes to the email addresses they have on file.
- Application forms, copy of passport, and $500 non-refundable deposit is due by May 31, 2018. For an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The final payment for the trip is due September 12, 2018 when we return to school.
- A final meeting will be set for sometime in late September/October with MYK, students, parents and teachers. We will cover details including packing advice, a detailed explanation of the itinerary, emergency protocol, homestay assignments and expectations, immigration documents, hotel rooming, and all other useful travel tips. MYK will distribute receipts for final payment to parents directly at that time.
- If there are any questions that parents have in the meantime, Moto at MYK is available to answer any questions via email (email@example.com) or phone (604-681-2339). Please feel free to contact him directly.
- Trip contact info for Students and Parents